Evaluation Approval Process
Educator evaluation and support systems plans or revisions to such plans must be approved annually by the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) prior to district implementation. The process will be an iterative one—between the CSDE and the district superintendent or in the instance of a consortium of districts, superintendents—until the CSDE has approved the teacher and administrator evaluation and support systems plan.
CSDE provides a model for teacher and administrator evaluation and support systems known as SEED. The SEED model serves as an option for districts that choose to implement a pre-approved evaluation system. Districts may choose to propose variations upon the teacher and administrator model so long as the model is consistent with the Guidelines.
District Process for Submitting an Evaluation System Plan
Districts must notify CSDE as to whether they wish to select the state model, SEED, for teacher and administrator evaluation, hybrid model or a district-designed alternative. All alternative models must align to the Connecticut Guidelines for Educator Evaluation (Core Requirements).
Districts that are adopting a district-designed alternative or a hybrid version of SEED must submit their complete proposal by Monday, April 15, 2013.
SEND BY EMAIL TO: email@example.com
Please address the subject line of your email as – “2013-14 DISTRICT EVALUATION PROPOSAL, Name of District”
(e.g. “2013-14 DISTRICT EVALUATION PROPOSAL, HARTFORD PUBLIC SCHOOLS”)
SEND TWO PAPER COPIES TO: ATTN: Georgia Stathoulas
Connecticut State Department of Education
P.O. Box 2219
Hartford, CT 06145
5 Things You Can Do to Prepare for Implementation of CT’s Educator Evaluation and Support System
- Read the Guidelines for Educator Evaluation (Core Requirements).
- Review the SEED Handbook for Teacher and Administrator Evaluation.
- Determine whether you will adopt the SEED model, develop a modified version of SEED or design a district-proposed model.
- Review and apply the rubric- Teacher Evaluation Proposal Rubric and Administrator Evaluation Proposal Rubric- to determine whether your proposed district evaluation system aligns to the Guidelines.
- Review this website! We will continue to house the most up-to-date documents and information related to educator evaluation and support and SEED.